Important note for Windows 7 Embedded and XP Embedded users:
Touch drivers can be installed onto a Windows Embedded system using either Direct Image Integration or Existing Operating System (Manual) Installation:
General Monitors 610
- Manual Installation: it may be possible to install the touch driver onto an existing Windows Embedded machine using the standard Windows driver installer. This requires a system with writable media and with write filters properly configured. The installer also requires several Windows components which might be missing on an embedded system.
- If you purchased a Windows Embedded system with a pre-installed operating system and the above requirements are met, choose this driver.
- Direct Image Integration: the driver is integrated with the system image using Windows Embedded Studio or Image Configuration Editor tool set, then the system image is loaded onto the device. This is the preferred installation method, but it requires knowledge of the integration tool set.
- If you are creating a custom system image or have the tools to modify your current image, choose this driver.
Windows 10 Update keeps overriding my monitor drivers to generic PnP and Non-Generic PnP drivers. I have two identical, new Lenovo monitors connected (one VGA the other Displayport/VGA) and try to install the Lenovo provided driver for Windows 10 but receive the message that the best driver is already installed. Sometimes, rolling back the driver helps with monitor issues. So, in this method, we will uninstall the generic PnP monitor’s driver. Don’t worry, Windows will recognize it as new hardware and it will automatically install the drivers for it. Follow the steps to perform this method. Step 3: Learn about user-mode display drivers and issues with display miniport drivers from the User-Mode Display Drivers and Multiple Monitors and Video Present Networks sections. Step 4: Learn about the Windows driver build, test, and debug processes and tools. Building a driver is not the same as building a user-mode application. Using the Search Tool, select your Planar display’s Model Number or Part Number and Operating System. If the Model or Part Number you are looking for is not listed, visit our Touch Screen Driver Archives. Please Note: Non-Touch Desktop Monitors do not require drivers; thus, no drivers are available.
General Motors Driving Cycle
A complete driving cycle should perform diagnostics on all systems. A complete driving cycle can be done in under fifteen minutes.
To perform an OBDII Driving cycle do the following:
- Cold Start. In order to be classified as a cold start the engine coolant temperature must be below 50°C (122°F) and within 6°C (11°F) of the ambient air temperature at startup. Do not leave the key on prior to the cold start or the heated oxygen sensor diagnostic may not run.
- Idle. The engine must be run for two and a half minutes with the air conditioner on and rear defroster on. The more electrical load you can apply the better. This will test the O2 heater, Passive Air, Purge 'No Flow', Misfire and if closed loop is achieved, Fuel Trim.
- Accelerate. Turn off the air conditioner and all the other loads and apply half throttle until 88km/hr (55mph) is reached. During this time the Misfire, Fuel Trim, and Purge Flow diagnostics will be performed.
- Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for 3 minutes. During this time the O2 response, air Intrusive, EGR, Purge, Misfire, and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
- Decelerate. Let off the accelerator pedal. Do not shift, touch the brake or clutch. It is important to let the vehicle coast along gradually slowing down to 32km/hr (20 mph). During this time the EGR, Purge and Fuel Trim diagnostics will be performed.
- Accelerate. Accelerate at 3/4 throttle until 88-96 km/hr (55-60mph). This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 3.
- Hold Steady Speed. Hold a steady speed of 88km/hr (55mph) for five minutes. During this time, in addition to the diagnostics performed in step 4, the catalyst monitor diagnostics will be performed. If the catalyst is marginal or the battery has been disconnected, it may take 5 complete driving cycles to determine the state of the catalyst.
- Decelerate. This will perform the same diagnostics as in step 5. Again, don't press the clutch or brakes or shift gears.
Reprinted on OBDII web site courtesy of General Motors Corporation
© General Motors Corporation
General Monitors Test Lamp
|© 2011 B&B Electronics||The OBD-II Home Page is hosted by|