But until then, these robust GoPro Plus adds will be an important recurring revenue and gross margin driver for the company. Nick Woodman, GoPro's founder and CEO, commented as follows in the. Updating GoPro Firmware: Step-by-Step Guide Although the GoPro app is the quickest, easiest way to update your camera, there are other ways to do it (as described before). Here are the step-wise-step details of how to update your GoPro camera firmware using different methods. GoPro Support Hub Ask a question. Share an answer. Find a solution. Turn on suggestions. Auto-suggest helps you quickly narrow down your search results. Way 1: Download Gopro BacPac WIFI BacPac Drivers In Device Manager To fix the Windows 10 WIFI driver installing error, the first thing you can resort to is to update the GoPro WIFI BacPac drivers in the built-in tool device manager.
Before getting started, you will need a microSD card reader, a USB cable, your computer and of course your HERO8 Black camera.
Step 1: Update your camera
- Download GoPro Webcam Beta Firmware. This contains the UPDATE folder to update your HERO8 Black to support the new Webcam feature.
- Follow Steps 2-4 from these instructions to manually update your camera.
Step 2: Install and launch the GoPro Webcam app
- Download GoPro Webcam Desktop Utility and install the software on your computer.
- In the Status bar, you will now see a GoPro icon
Step 3: Connect your camera
- Power on your camera and connect it to your computer via USB cable.
- Using a USB 3.0 port on your computer will provide you with the best results to ensure you maintain battery life.
- In the status bar, the GoPro icon will display a blue dot to indicate a successful connection:
- The camera will go into USB mode as shown below:
- To preview your webcam setup, click on the GoPro icon in the status bar and select “Show Preview”. This will give you the ability to understand your Wide field of view prior to going live.
- You will now see the camera preview. You can switch between “mirror” and “flip”
Using the GoPro Webcam in your program
Gopro 3 Update Download
- Open your webcam application and select GoPro Camera as your preferred camera (see below for supported programs).
Example in Zoom:
- Heads Up: If the app is already open you might need to quit and restart that application for the GoPro Camera option to be visible.
- The camera will then go into GoPro Webcam mode as shown below:
- In the status bar, the GoPro icon will display a red dot to indicate that the camera is recording:
- To change your resolution, click on the GoPro icon in the status bar and select “Preferences”
- Here you can choose between 1080p (default) or 720p
Here are some popular tools that support GoPro Webcam:
Drivers Gopro Hero 7
- Zoom (v 5.0.5 and newer) and Zoom Chrome Extension
- YouTube Live (Using Chrome)
- Webex (Using Chrome)
- Google Meet
- Microsoft Teams
- Twitch via OBS
- GoTo Meeting
- Snap Camera
- Facebook Rooms
- Facetime for Desktop
Driver Gopro Hero 5
Heads Up: For Chrome support, click the Chrome’s menu button (top-right corner) -> Settings -> Privacy and security -> Site Settings -> Camera.